“The Buddha said there is no one thing stays the same during this life.” ~ Fortune
“When I’m in a slump, I comfort myself by saying if I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me. Then I bust out.”
— Mookie Wilson
When I got home from work I booted my Macbook Pro. The sound icon in the menu bar was greyed out. I couldn’t select Internal Speakers. Here is how I fixed it:
- Shut down the laptop.
- Hold down shift-control-option and press power.
- Let go at the same time.
- Watch it boot up.
- Check and see if the sound icon is back to black.
- Celebrate if you got your internal speakers back. *
What you are doing is reseting the SMC (System Management Controller).
* If your sound icon is still grey there is probably only one other option…viking funeral.
- Layout some stones in the shape of a ship
- Pile up some twigs then bigger sticks on top of the twigs.
- Place the laptop with the greyed out sound icon on top of the wood pile.
- Light the wood on fire.
- Shout some prayer to the sky to Odin *
- Drink a bunch of mead
* Be sure to pray to Odin and not Oden. You want the prayer to go to the Norse god and not the Japanese winter delecacy.
“Force is not a remedy.”
— John Bright
Ugh…I let my to-do app grow out of control. There are tons of stuff that I’ve finished have gone unchecked. There are all these things that I told myself to check out that I can’t even remember why I thought they were cool.
So I took an hour or two last night and got everything synced across all devices, tagged, and scheduled to be due by the end of the year. I said goodbye to a bunch of weird and wonderful half-baked ideas.
Things seem kinda caught up.
“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
— Albert Einstein
“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance…this isn’t happiness.”
— Martin Luther King