When I go to Facebook, I want it sorted by most recent. Usually people click the three dots next to News Feed and select Most Recent. There is a better way though.
If you have a bookmark somewhere that you use to get to Facebook, set it to this instead.
This takes you to Facebook filtered by most recent.
The less repetitive clicks and mousing around, the better.
I just finish the first course of Swift Playground. Cue the trumpets. I’m pretty stoked about it actually. It reminds mean of learning Basic when I was a kid. It goes from fun game to some pretty tricky mind puzzles.
randomcolour is exactly what it says it is.
rrrgggbbb …thank you. I needed a go random laugh today.
When I got home from work I booted my Macbook Pro. The sound icon in the menu bar was greyed out. I couldn’t select Internal Speakers. Here is how I fixed it:
- Shut down the laptop.
- Hold down shift-control-option and press power.
- Let go at the same time.
- Watch it boot up.
- Check and see if the sound icon is back to black.
- Celebrate if you got your internal speakers back. *
What you are doing is reseting the SMC (System Management Controller).
* If your sound icon is still grey there is probably only one other option…viking funeral.
- Layout some stones in the shape of a ship
- Pile up some twigs then bigger sticks on top of the twigs.
- Place the laptop with the greyed out sound icon on top of the wood pile.
- Light the wood on fire.
- Shout some prayer to the sky to Odin *
- Drink a bunch of mead
* Be sure to pray to Odin and not Oden. You want the prayer to go to the Norse god and not the Japanese winter delecacy.
Ugh…I let my to-do app grow out of control. There are tons of stuff that I’ve finished have gone unchecked. There are all these things that I told myself to check out that I can’t even remember why I thought they were cool.
So I took an hour or two last night and got everything synced across all devices, tagged, and scheduled to be due by the end of the year. I said goodbye to a bunch of weird and wonderful half-baked ideas.
Things seem kinda caught up.
I’ve been into this iPhone app called solAR lately. It makes an augmented reality solar system in your room. You can walk around and check out the solar system from any angle. It’s a nice diversion to get up from my laptop and watch the planets and moons rotating around the Sun for a couple minutes.